Need inspiration for your own volunteering activity? Check out these volunteering ideas to get you started!
- Help someone do their garden: mow lawns, weed the garden or water the plants
- Take your dog to visit a local Retirement Village
- Get to know your neighbour; help them in the garden, cook them dinner, or make them a cup of tea.
- Teach young ones how to volunteer: deliver cookies or flowers to neighbours, write a letter to the postman, or write happy chalk messages on the footpath to make people smile!
- Write a letter to someone that you’ve lost touch with, or reach out to someone through snail mail
- Bake muffins and share them with your neighbours
- Paint a mural: Have a blank wall in your community? Organise those in your neighbourhood to collaborate on a mural to liven up your streets Permission is essential!
- Cook dinner for your whanau
- Pick up rubbish at your local park
- Organise a beach clean up
- Offer to go for a walk with your elderly neighbour
- Donate your clothes or household goods
- Tutor a young neighbour in something you excel in sports or education, both are valuable for volunteering